Frequently Asked Question
What are my device options?
Last Updated about a month ago
Device OptionsThere are several options for devices that can run this application. Each device has pros and cons and some may be higher quality than others.
PC & Mac BasedThere are several computer-based solutions for running VR Safety based applications.
- Non-VR Computer Based: VR Safety is designed to run directly on a PC based computer. We support Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems and can be run without the need for a network connection. This is easy out of the box solution for computer labs and institutions that do not have mobile devices handy or access to virtual reality tech.
- VR Computer Based: VR safety is supported by all major VR offerings These include:
- Oculus Rift: https://www.oculus.com/
- HTC Vive: https://www.vive.com/eu/
- Windows Mixed Reality: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/windows-mixed-reality
- Note: For higher-end VR offerings you do need a VR capable PC to run the experience.
Stand Alone VR DevicesStand-alone VR headsets allow users to be immersed in an experience without the need for a PC or smartphone. These headsets generally are more expensive then phone-based solutions but much cheaper than computer-based.
- Pico Goblin: The Pico Goblin is an Android-based all in one unit that can be branded to show the client’s logo and can be ordered directly through Bit Space Development Ltd.
- Oculus Go: A high-quality experience powered by a huge brand. Any VR Safety application can be run on the Oculus Go with minimal customization.
Smart Phone-BasedVR Safety supports all Android and iOS smartphones that have an Accelerometer and Gyroscope for VR input. All Android and iOS phones are supported for non-VR implementations.
- Google Cardboard: Ranging from cardboard boxes to more robust plastic headsets.
- Google Day Dream: Day Dream is a higher quality implementation of Google’s VR platform. This offering is supported by fewer phones however we can take advantage of a motion controller for increased interactivity.
Additional DevicesMore ways to run VR Safety based applications.
- Android Tablet
- Web Based